Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Too much Light to See

I do not know what you observe through the two-way-mirror that you have in your eyes, because all I see reflected back are the dreams that you dug out of my skin the first time I kissed the fantasy of you goodnight.
You could crush me with one blink of your hazel eye.
                                                            Because the truth is, when I looked away, I missed you. 
You could destroy me with a laugh. 

There was candle wax on all of the music notes your voice was making in my mind. 
It’s too cold to be alone
It’s too hot to pretend
There are a few more faces than yesterday pressed up against the glass cage I’ve built around my 
idealism and your pragmatism and our romanticism. 

And in the glass, you saw me for a minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment