Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Hero

Aging before the evening begins, we're dead by morning.
There was something that I loved in her; I loved it fiercely until it hit the glass.
Shattering the rain clouds, within the tender light of sudden sun, I couldn't see at all.
Smiling and drowning and wondering where the breath I'm holding would run to if I let go, she's always been my hero, even before she had someone to save.
I'm an international bachelor because she won't love me back enough to make me an honest boy.
Youngsters watch us like a sitcom. Elderly watch us like a warning. Rebellious youth watch us like an infomercial.
So much blood flowing everywhere that her pulse is like a thunderstorm and my breath makes the palm trees sway.
Give me liberty, or give me her.

No comments:

Post a Comment