Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Breathing Backward

You make breathing backward look so sexy
despite all the moments that I have reached out right past you.
Licking all the leftover words off your lips while
watching your sunshine smile make the world a little less wondrous.
I hold on to your semi-sweet semi-comments in order to
learn how to swim in your eyes.
Placing your fingers, I adjust my heartstrings
because out of tune music is my specialty.
Blistering, she stood short enough for the rest of the
cloudy summer shades to make fun of my wanderlust
Too much for yesterday.
Not quite enough for tomorrow.
Take three before we start to speak in Germanic tongues
with your wildly untrustworthy smile.
I would really like to breathe backward with you,
but it's harder than it looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment