Friday, September 14, 2012

The Kitchen Floor

There's dried blood on
the kitchen floor
There are dishes in the sink
I think
I thought
These were the days of
this was forever
until we passed forever
a couple miles back
I'm trying so hard to remember to
conjugate
my
verbs
But words escape my reality
running
constantly
jogging
constantly
walking
until I can't feel my lower half
Then you took me out
with the Trash

There are those kisses
you aren't supposed to forget
I think you forgot
But I'm caught
in the field of land mines
and babies
it's them
or you
or me
But we can't all be free.

I would wish them luck
if you hadn't got me stuck
against that empty barrack
shack
between undefined
and indefinable
Invariably a variable
The sound of glass is
just a melody
You're hell to me
Left caught on a rope
full of whimsical hopes.

Let's run off to far, Neverland
and stay eternally now
But, darling, take a bow,
the dishes need cleaning
and you don't know how.

No comments:

Post a Comment