Tuesday, September 24, 2013

bon voyage

I could've killed you out of sympathy for every single pair of weak little eyes who are ever going to fall in love with your perfect monstrosity of a smile. 
Instantly instantaneous, like the drunkest of your winks to nobody in particular, I have this feeling growing down below that 
you might still be too broken for any of this to be real.

 Excuse me?? No, no, it's all optional; all of the scars and blood and your tissue on my tissues are unnecessarily beautiful.
I couldn't have stopped if I had wanted to, until you marketed the business man's secretary off to the highest bidder for the sake of the art, and had 
"sic ego nec sine te nec tecum vivere possum" 
written on her arms in an attempt to make her feel like any of your words had ever been true in the slightest.
I was thrashing at concerts, trying so hard to want to fuck anybody else.
Thus I cannot live without you, and I cannot live with you. 
So get your ass over here and let me die in your arms. 

I met a pretty girl who told me a couple pretty words about an ugly situation that you put me in. 
"You can't always take the shit. You have to give some too. That's the nature of equality."
You'll realize that you still care and then you'll figure something out like nonsense and nothing at all.
We should probably go…
And I guess because I've been fighting for your human rights and the kids in the sahara and because it's been deemed bad to smoke and good to work out and bad to eat candy and good to eat carrots and bad to love anyone and good to love anyone and bad to love yourself and bad to hate yourself and good to glue your eyes to the television like the colored lines will solve your depression; goddamn it baby, won't you just turn up the volume, i'm trying to drown out the sound of our daughter committing suicide upstairs.
Uterus or fallopian tubes or mice on the back of the highway underpass, it doesn't matter where you push me.
I'm going to fall.

Because I've been falling every day since you told me you'd rather kill me than love me back. 
I could've killed you out of sympathy,
but I'd rather just tuck you in and slip out while you sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment