Thursday, September 26, 2013

the back of the door

I'm pleading the fifth while she's getting dressed
We're watching the width of the over oppressed
The dishes are breaking on the frozen concrete
But it's nothing quite like that sad, summer heat

You're a right wonder crossword
I'm as dumb as I seem
And I'm moving to Hartford
To live out the dream

It's like they all told me on the radio show
I won't ever like anywhere that I go
But you're running away from me just like before
And you're still hidden on the back of the door

I wish that I could
I wish that I'd try

I wish that you would
I'll try not to cry

The pots on the counter are all from the past
And they're marked up with stories just trying to last


I'll impress myself on the back of the door
And you'll feel as if you have seen me before. 


No comments:

Post a Comment