Sunday, December 22, 2013

Drop the Pin

I wrote something about your mind
And I told you that you look awful nice in peach
and that the sand on your shoes wouldn't help 
climbing up the rocks from the shore

anymore

But I deleted it all because your angel was even more beautiful in my words than she is in your eyes

Also because my tongue is getting tired
of hating the way that I am telling my heart
to keep on chugging
and plugging
and giving the break
to take
or make
another choice for your team or mine

again.

So despite everyone's warnings about the ways
of your 
nuances
I'm going to keep on wishing forever that your breath was underneath my teeth and that my words were on your tongue the way that my words are inked into my skin. 

And despite the fact that you don't think i know you at all
and that
you couldn't tell my right from my left
I realize that maybe it's just the fact that I'm always lost. 

I really must have terrible directionality
because I just can't get into your heart

No comments:

Post a Comment